Monday 8 July 2013

Christchurch Music Festival.


Christchurch Music Festival



I decided to escape the crowded beach and the Tennis finals and head down for the afternoon to the music festival at Christchurch.

I recommend anyone thinking of a great day out to check out this little festival. Its all run by volunteers and all proceeds go to the Mayors charity. The Sunday is free (A rarity these days) and is a great place to take the kids, In fact its a great introduction to live music.

This festival has been growing for the past number of years and this year was no exception. some great local bands took to the stage throughout the day which included the Mother Ukers http://www.motherukers.com/
who remind me of the great Hayseed Dixie, cruising through their own take on Cameo's word up and nailing it with Ant music.

They were followed by http://www.unsigned.com/sirpico Now.. as many people know I'm known for my outspoken view on cover bands. and I will stick to my guns and admit I prefer Original music, but I was really impressed with these guys. A real tight unit and strong vocals kicking out obscure covers made me smile. they are defo worth keeping an eye on.

 I unfortunately missed the acts in the morning but I finally managed to catch  The Maggot http://www.ladywinwoodsmaggot.co.uk/ headlining at the end of a very hot day. I haven't seen these guys for a while and as usual they put on a great show. I managed to bag a few shots of the guys before my camera decided it didn't want to focus any more (Im sure Canons new AF system has major flaws). 

Anyway a great afternoon with great weather and live music .. what could be better???

Here's a handful of images of the mighty Maggot headlining on the Sunday...Seb.






No comments:

Post a Comment